Tuesday, February 10, 2009

15 Miles....Are you kidding me?

15 miles yes that is correct. That is how far I ran last night. Wayland came home from boot camp a couple of weeks ago telling me he has some boot campers who run a lot and that I should run with them. Little did I know that they are training for the Boston Marathon, which is in April, so they are pretty high up on the mileage chart. So when I talked to them yesterday they told me they were running 15 or 16 miles and they would love for me to join them. I let them know in advance I probably would not make it the whole way but I would do my best. The farthest I have ever run was two weeks ago in my first half marathon 13.1 mile so I knew 15 would be a jump for me, but I did it. I am so proud of myself, my legs hate me, but I am so excited to have people to run with that will push me. Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to give it a try running with that group. You do well being pushed to new challenges. Are you still thinking about doing Ragnar? Your legs will recover in no time. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, 1 more comment. If you keep training with them, you could do the full here when you come up in April. Just a thought. J

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY CRAP-Girl that is awesome! I am proud of you too! I think I need to come to the night boot camp and get fit with you!

    ReplyDelete